[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #98538] History for PB2NC error with metplus/4.0.0-beta3

George McCabe via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Feb 5 13:34:04 MST 2021

I am having difficulty getting PB2NC to run on devwcoss (Mars).  I am using
met/10.0.0-beta3 and metplus/4.0.0-beta3.  If you can access Mars, my
directory is:
/gpfs/dell2/emc/verification/noscrub/Deanna.Spindler/MET

There I have a metplus_setup.sh that loads the modules and exports the
paths and directories.  The subdirectory
GEFS_Wave/metplus_config/v4.0.0-beta3 has my PB2NC_gefs_wave.conf where I
set:
PB2NC_INPUT_DIR = {GDAS_PREPBUFR}/gdas.{valid?fmt=%Y%m%d}/18
PB2NC_INPUT_TEMPLATE = gdas.t18z.prepbufr.nr
(because I haven't figured out how to specify the cycle to be any of 00,
06, 12, 18)

The command I try is:
 master_metplus.py -c $METPLUS_WAVES_VERIF/GEFS_Wave/gefs_wave.conf -c
$METPLUS_WAVES_VERIF/GEFS_Wave/metplus_config/v4.0.0-beta3/PB2NC_gefs_wave.conf
-index -v 4

and I get this error:

Running METplus 4.0.0-beta3
02/04 17:52:59.058 jlog (master_metplus.py:123) CRITICAL: master_metplus
 failed: name 'logger' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/gpfs/dell2/emc/verification/noscrub/emc.metplus/METplus/METplus-4.0.0-beta3/ush/master_metplus.py",
line 120, in <module>
    main()
  File
"/gpfs/dell2/emc/verification/noscrub/emc.metplus/METplus/METplus-4.0.0-beta3/ush/master_metplus.py",
line 42, in main
    config_inputs = get_config_inputs_from_command_line()
  File
"/gpfs/dell2/emc/verification/noscrub/emc.metplus/METplus/METplus-4.0.0-beta3/ush/master_metplus.py",
line 101, in get_config_inputs_from_command_line
    logger.critical('Invalid argument: %s.' % arg)
NameError: name 'logger' is not defined
02/04 17:52:59Z run-METplus-CRITICAL:  master_metplus  failed: name
'logger' is not defined

Can you help me, please?

Many thanks,
Deanna