[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #98481] History for Bufr variables in PB2NCConfig_wrapper

George McCabe via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Feb 5 13:24:33 MST 2021

I am trying to use METplus for ocean wave buoy validation.  I've started
doing the METplus v3.1 online tutorial on Hera, and trying to make my own
config files for waves.  I heard in the MET Users Telecon on Jan 25th that
the config files will change between v3 and v4, so I thought I would try to
use METplus.v4.0-beta1 since I am just starting.

I am completely new to METplus, but my understanding is that the
PB2NCConfig_wrapper file should be used as a default (no user
modifications), and call it in my PB2NCConfig_Waves.v4.0_beta1:
PB2NC_CONFIG_FILE = {CONFIG_DIR}/PB2NCConfig_wrapped

The issue I have though, is that the variables in the PB2NCConfig_wrapped
do not include any wave variables:

WAVE_SEQ, 348033, WAVE SEQUENCE

WAVE_SEQ has HOWV POWV HOWW POWW

SWELLSEQ, 348017, SWELL WAVE SEQUENCE

SWELLSEQ has DOSW HOSW POSW

Is this a case where I should go ahead and modify the file, or is this
something you would want to do? Do you recommend that I proceed in v3.1
instead of going to v4?

Thanks,
Deanna

--