[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #99586] History for Download the User's Guide

Minna Win via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 15 11:04:59 MDT 2021

John, this might seem like a dumb question, but with your new web site, how do I download a copy of the MET Users Guide to my local computer?

Thanks
Bob Craig

Subject: Download the User's Guide
From: Minna Win
Time: Thu Apr 15 08:18:47 2021

Hi Bob,

It looks like you want to have the MET documentation available
offline, on
your own computer.  If that is the case, you can go to Read The Docs
for
the MET documentation:

https://met.readthedocs.io/

Then save the docs as html  by going to the File->Save Page As  menu
and
save it to wherever you wish on your computer.  Then, to view offline
in
your browser, you can enter the following in your browser's navigation
bar:
            file:///<path/to/where/you/stored/the/files>

look for and click on the folder where your files are stored:
MET version 9.1.3 — MET 9.1.3 documentation_files/
</Users/minnawin/Desktop/MET%20version%209.1.3%20%E2%80%94%20MET%209.1.3%20documentation_files/>
You should now have access to your MET documentation.  We are in the
process of converting the documentation into PDF for users who wish to
print out hard copies of the documentation.  We should have that
capability
available when we make the next major release.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Minna

---------------
Minna Win
Developmental Testbed Center
Phone: 303-497-8423
Fax:   303-497-8401
---------------
Pronouns: she/her

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 8:00 AM robert.craig.2 at us.af.mil via RT <
met_help at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Thu Apr 15 08:00:56 2021: Request 99586 was acted upon.
> Transaction: Ticket created by robert.craig.2 at us.af.mil
>        Queue: met_help
>      Subject: Download the User's Guide
>        Owner: Nobody
>   Requestors: robert.craig.2 at us.af.mil
>

> John, this might seem like a dumb question, but with your new web
site,
> how do I download a copy of the MET Users Guide to my local
computer?

> Thanks
> Bob Craig

This method doesn't work well on a government computer.  If you have a
PDF or another format document for any versions from 8.1 up that you
could email me, that would be great.  I have to send an exert of the
user guide on the format of the CNT MET output files to a customer.

Thanks
Bob Craig

[...]

National Center for Atmospheric Research Developmental Testbed Center
Phone: 303-497-8423
Fax:   303-497-8401
---------------

From: Minna Win
Time: Thu Apr 15 09:50:38 2021

Hi Bob,

Do you have permissions to access the RAL ftp site?  I cannot email
you a
zip'd version of the html files of the latest documentation due to
security
blockers.

Regards,
Minna

---------------

<robert.craig.2 at us.af.mil>

From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Thu Apr 15 09:51:10 2021

Hi Bob.

You can find a PDF of the MET User's Guide version 9.0.2 here on our
MET
Documentation page under "PREVIOUS VERSIONS":
https://dtcenter.org/community-code/model-evaluation-tools-
met/documentation

I have also attached it here for your convenience.

Julie

--
Julie Prestopnik (she/her)
Software Engineer
Email: jpresto at ucar.edu

My working day may not be your working day.  Please do not feel
obliged to

From: Minna Win
Time: Thu Apr 15 09:53:43 2021

Hi Bob,

John Halley Gotway found this pdf version:

http://dtcenter.org/sites/default/files/community-code/met/docs/user-
guide/MET_Users_Guide_v9.0.2.pdf

Will that suffice?

Regards,
Minna
---------------

From: robert.craig.2 at us.af.mil
Time: Thu Apr 15 10:08:53 2021

Okay, I look forward to your PDF version.

From: robert.craig.2 at us.af.mil
Time: Thu Apr 15 10:12:07 2021

Perfect, that is what I needed.  I had version 9.1 on my PC but a disk
crash and rebuild removed it.

Thanks
Bob Craig

--
Julie Prestopnik (she/her)
Software Engineer
Email: jpresto at ucar.edu

My working day may not be your working day.  Please do not feel
obliged to reply to this email outside of your normal working hours.