[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #99207] History for Setting up user .conf files via the METplus tutorial

George McCabe via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 12 09:08:35 MDT 2021

I have an account on NOAA's Hera supercomputer and I am going through the
tutorial. I am having difficulty understanding the directions, specifically
where I need to change the OUTPUT_BASE variable to a different location,
since the METplus package on Hera is a shared one.

At the bottom of this page is the step I am referring to:
https://dtcenter.org/metplus-practical-session-guide-version-3-0/session-1-metplus-setupgrid-grid/metplus-setup/metplus-user-configuration-settings

I believe this is what is leading to my issue, which is that
master_metplus.py does not produce any of the files I am looking for when
it is complete.
In step 2 of this next page, no logs output to the screen, and in step 3,
no files or subdirectories were created.
Ihttps://
dtcenter.org/metplus-practical-session-guide-version-3-0/session-1-metplus-setupgrid-grid/metplus-setup/metplus-how-run

If it helps, my pathway in Hera is:

/scratch2/BMC/wrfruc/eure/work/MET/METplus_Tutorial/

Keenan Eure, M.S.
Graduate Research Assistant
Dean's Distinguished Graduate Fellow
Future Investigators in NASA Earth and Space Science and Technology Fellow
Department of Meteorology and Atmospheric Science
Pennsylvania State University
601 Walker Building | kce115 at psu.edu