[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #97240] History for PB2NCConfig_default

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 28 10:01:41 MDT 2020

I have two questions about the "PB2NCConfig_default" file about the
vertical layer definition:

1. The unit for " elevation_range" as used below is MSL
elevation_range = {
   beg =  -1000;
   end = 100000;
}

But for this one below, the unit is layer, NOT "mb". Then how to define the
range using mb? e.g: if I want the pressure level  covering 200-300mb, how
to do that?
level_range = {
   beg = 1;
   end = 511;
}

2. If both " elevation_range" and  "level_range" are defined in the
configuration, which one will be used?  I guess the one on the top will be
overwritten (not used at all), am I correct? Or there will be two outputs
using different standards.

Please help to clarify.

Thank you.
Binyu