[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #95161] History for Fwd: Questions about L3 AOD data

Howard Soh via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 13 16:25:31 MDT 2020

To Whom It May Concern:

Our NESDIS data provider is asking us how much information (attributes) are
needed in the netcdf file for MET to ingest?  They have the document of
CF-convention netCDF.  The degree of attributes information from using
point2grid for CMAQ and HYSPLIT regridding are different as shown in the
attachments.

NESDIS aerosol group is in the process of generating hourly VIIRS L3
gridded AOD file in netCDF format for GEFS-Aerosol and regional AOD
verification.  Thus, they want to embed adequate information for MET.

Ho-Chun Huang

IMSG at NOAA/NWS/NCEP/EMC

5830 University Research Ct., Rm. 2792

College Park, MD 20740