[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #95400] History for the width for regrid_data_plane

Howard Soh via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 13 16:21:44 MDT 2020

To Whom It May Concern:

I have an obs data with a grid resolution of 0.03 degree (or ~3km).  If I
want to use the regrid_data_plane and method of -UW-MEAN to a new grid with
grid spacing of 12km, what is the appropriate value of width? 12/3=4?

The default of regrid-data_plane is method=NEAREST and width=1.  My
variable is the mean values of a grid, thus from fine to coarse grid,
nearest is not a good choice.  From coarse to fine grid, it may be okay.

thank you for your help.

Ho-Chun Huang

IMSG at NOAA/NWS/NCEP/EMC

5830 University Research Ct., Rm. 2792