[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #96691] History for METviewer plot

Tatiana Burek via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 13 12:20:34 MDT 2020

I have a question about making plot using METviewer with a lot of  lines:

 see the attachment1: because there are so many lines, the legend overlays
with  X-axis. I can not pull "series formatting" down to get the  "legend
and Caption" as shown in attachment 2. How to adjust the distance between
the X-axis and legend?

Thank you.
Binyu

I don't see the attachments. Could you sent them again, please.

Tatiana

From: binyu.wang at noaa.gov
Time: Mon Sep 14 09:25:17 2020

Here they are. Thank you.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 11:09 AM Tatiana Burek via RT

From: Tatiana Burek
Time: Mon Sep 14 09:42:07 2020

Take a look at # 20200914_153915
I changed Legend and Caption -> Box Position values to (0, -.43) and
Formatting -> Margins to (12,4,5,4)

Tatiana

From: binyu.wang at noaa.gov
Time: Mon Sep 14 14:04:08 2020

Thank you. But how do you do that on METView?

Binyu

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 11:42 AM Tatiana Burek via RT

From: Tatiana Burek
Time: Mon Sep 14 14:16:09 2020

Here are the screenshots of UI that display where I typed the values.

Tatiana

From: binyu.wang at noaa.gov
Time: Mon Sep 14 14:58:17 2020

I know how to change that using Tabs. But how to get those tabs with
my
case? There are too many variables (lines) and those tabs were
covered under to the back (see my second attachment). I can not find
them.

Binyu

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 4:16 PM Tatiana Burek via RT

<met_help at ucar.edu

From: Tatiana Burek
Time: Tue Sep 15 08:37:43 2020

Binyu,
You can slide the part with series formatting down by drugging the
dividing line.

Tatiana

From: binyu.wang at noaa.gov
Time: Tue Sep 15 09:09:36 2020

Hello Tatiana,

Please look at the plot: "20200915_145911": drugging the dividing line
can
only enlarge/minimize the plot, but the "Titles and labels" will not
appear.
Binyu

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 10:38 AM Tatiana Burek via RT

From: Tatiana Burek
Time: Tue Sep 15 09:17:06 2020

Here is how it looks on my FF browser. If it still doesn't work for
you we can set up a Hangouts meeting and I will demo it for you.

Tatiana

From: binyu.wang at noaa.gov
Time: Tue Sep 15 09:21:56 2020

Sounds good. What time works for you? Any time works for me between 3-
5pm
EST today or anytime except 2-3pm tomorrow.

Binyu

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 11:17 AM Tatiana Burek via RT

<met_help at ucar.edu

From: binyu.wang at noaa.gov
Time: Tue Sep 15 11:10:14 2020

Hello Tatiana,

There is another question I would like to confirm before I forgot: it
seems
dot (.) is not allowed in the name for a database, am I correct?

Thank you.
Binyu

From: Tatiana Burek
Time: Tue Sep 15 11:23:45 2020

Yes, this is correct. (.) is illegal character.
Are you available for the meeting at 3 EST (1 MST)?

Tatiana

From: binyu.wang at noaa.gov
Time: Tue Sep 15 11:34:16 2020

Yes, I will be available at that time.

Binyu

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 1:23 PM Tatiana Burek via RT

binyu.wang at noaa.gov

From: binyu.wang at noaa.gov
Time: Tue Sep 15 11:37:14 2020

Maybe you can add me to the google calendar using this email?

Binyu

binyu.wang at noaa.gov

From: binyu.wang at noaa.gov
Time: Tue Sep 15 13:43:14 2020

Thank you for your time and help. Just let you know: I tried Firefox,
but I
still can not see the "Titles and Labels" by dragging the line
breaker.

binyu.wang at noaa.gov