[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #97010] History for point_stat- rejected due to obs type

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 9 10:56:09 MDT 2020

Met help team,

I added a new element to our verification processing and I am not
getting any matched pairs back due to rejected obs type and I can't figure
out why. Could you please take a look to see what I am missing?

I am running point stat on a file created from ascii2nc.
In the first column of this file I have set "ADPSFC" as the obs type.

When I run point stat over both ADPUPA and ADPSFC I get 0 matched pairs
back. I ran with verbosity 4 and it says rejected due to obs type.
[image: image.png]

The analysis file can be found on WCOSS (Mars) here:
/gpfs/dell2/mdl/mdlens/noscrub/John.L.Wagner/mdl.verif/metar/co/ptnc/2001/15/06/cg/metarconc20011506cg
When I do ncdump -v on this file I see that the obs type is set to ADPSFC.
[image: image.png]

I attached my config file incase its something in there.

If any more information is needed please let me know! Thank you for your
help.

Best,
Brooke Adams

Scientific Programmer, AceInfo Solutions
Supporting Meteorological Development Laboratory
Cell: (518)361-6900
Brooke.Karlee.Adams at noaa.gov