[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #97309] History for Mode output interpretation

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 17 10:47:32 MST 2020

Hello there,

I have tried to use MODE to evaluate precipitation from WRF output with
Stage-IV. I have a few confusions about the outputs stated below:

   1.  In the ASCII contingency table statistics file, what is the
   difference between N_Valid and Totals? Aren't both of these supposed to be
   the total number of grids?
   2. for different conv_thres, why the totals are different? to be more
   specific why the total increased with an increased threshold?
   3. How do they define the object field? I am guessing by convolution
   radius and threshold. In that case are the raw in cts table and postscripts
   files are different?

It would be really great if you could help me with the answer to my
confusion. Please let me know if you need anything else to understand my
confusion.

Bests,
Ummul

Virus-free.