[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #97322] History for Problem with forecast file while running mode

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 17 10:47:01 MST 2020

I am trying to use the MODE tool to evaluate model output with Stage-IV
data. I have used nco to extract the total precipitation variables from the
NWP model output and make a *.nc file. But, when I use the MODE command it
gives me the following error:
[image: image.png]
my command: ./bin/mode
 ./MODE_PROCEDURE/WRF413_TesT/AFWA_TOTPRECIP_2018101112_new.nc
./MODE_PROCEDURE/STAGEIV_Test/2018101112_Anl/sum_Stage4_20181011.nc
./MODE_PROCEDURE/MODE_Files_nc/MODEConfig_APCP_WWE
since it is saying that there is some trouble in reading my fcst file, I am
attaching my fcst file also.

It would be great if you could suggest a way to make it work. It seems like
I need to reformat my file, is there any particular way/format to do this?

Bests,
Ummul