[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #94778] History for GridStatConfig

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 30 18:13:24 MDT 2020

Folks - I have a question regarding the regrid = {} object in the GridStatConfig file; I'm currently setting it to:

regrid = {
   to_grid    = OBS;
   method     = DW_MEAN;
   width      = 4;
   vld_thresh = 0.5;
   shape      = SQUARE;
}

The obs field is 1.0 deg and the forecast probability field is 0.25 deg; are these values the best ones? I'm also creating my own box mask of 20x20 degrees positioned at the tropical cyclone center (lon,lat) point. Thank you.

Efren A. Serra (Contractor)
Physicist

DeVine Consulting, Inc.
Naval Research Laboratory