[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #95665] History for Brier Skill Score

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 23 12:06:20 MDT 2020

MET helpers, I need help to compare the ensemble forecast and
deterministic runs (non-ensemble). I had set up the scripts and configure
files which seemed to work for ensemble verifications. But I am not sure
how to change the configure files so I can compare the ensemble forecast
against the non-ensembles runs.

1. Is the Brier Skill Score the best plot that I can use METViewer to do
the comparison?
2. How to change my configure file so I can make SSC plot using METViewer?

My script is on Hera:
 /scratch2/NCEPDEV/naqfc/Binyu.Wang/MET/grid2grid/verf_met_ens/ush/verf_g2g_kasat.sh
I had set the non-ensemble runs that I want to compare with in the script
(DETER1 and DETER2)
The configure files could be found from the script above.

Let me know if anything is not clear and thank you for helping me.

Binyu