[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #95869] History for Question about Operational System for installing MET and METplus

Minna Win via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 10 09:49:09 MDT 2020

To Whom It May Concern:

Hello! I am interested in installing MET and METplus for validation of WRF
forecasts. I have found some instructions (
https://ncar.github.io/METplus/Users_Guide/installation.html#introduction)
but I have a few questions that I would appreciate help with:

   - Is the website above the most up to date information on installing MET
   and METplus, or should I be looking elsewhere? Also, is there a dedicated
   webpage for its use/development with UFS/WRF?
   - Section 2 (Installation) says METplus has been tested on Debian Linux
   OS. Which version of Debian has this been installed (e.g., Jessie, Stretch)?
   - Does MET/METplus work on Ubuntu? Or Amazon Linux?
   - I see that METplus requires Python 3.6.3. Is there a version that
   works with Python 3.7, or are there plans to do so sometime soon?

I should mention that I am interested in using MET/METplus on AWS cloud
computing. Have these tools been tested there, and does anyone have
suggestions on installing/using them on this service?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Jeremy