[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #93784] History for MET(plus) config masking regions: alternative to 'grid = ["FULL"]; '?

Minna Win via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 15 09:54:02 MST 2020

Hello.  In my GridStatConfig and PointStatConfig files, I have 'grid =
["FULL"];, e.g. for FSS calculation:
//
// Verification masking regions
//
mask = {
   grid = ["FULL"];
   poly = [ "${polydir}/CONUS.nc"];
}

and the output would have stats for both "FULL" and "CONUS".  Is there a
way to set the grid to what's specified in the poly CONUS.nc?  For ConUS
verification, there'd be a bit of QPE coverage outside of CONUS.nc but it's
not as good as what's inside CONUS.nc, so I wouldn't need the verification
on "FULL", and if calculation for "FULL" can be skipped it'll save a lot of
time, esp. for neighborhood computations.

All the  GridStatConfig files in the use_cases seem to have grid = ["FULL"]
and the PointStatConfigs have grid = ${POINT_STAT_GRID} or ${PB2NC_GRID},
which I think is either "FULL" or "G236" (or other grids), not a masked
region.

Is there a way to set the "grid" above to just the area defined by
CONUS.nc, to eliminate the computation/output stats done on "FULL"?

Thank you -
Ying

---
Ying Lin
NCEP/EMC/Verification, Post-processing and Product Generation Branch
NCWCP Cubicle No. 2015
Ying.Lin at noaa.gov