[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #96463] History for calculate multiple variables in config file

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 27 14:01:27 MDT 2020

I am wondering how to get new variables by using multiple known variables
in the config file? e.g:

I have "UGRD' and "VGRD" defined in the ensemble_stat as below, but I want
to get WIND instead of the U/V component by using sqrt(UGRD^2+VGRD^2), how
to do that in the config file?

         name       = "UGRD";
         level      = [ "P850", "P250" ];
         cat_thresh = [ <=5, >5&&<=10, >10&&<=15, >15&&<=20, >20&&<=25,
>25&&<=30, >30&&<=35, >35&&<=40, >40&&<=45, >45&&<=50, > 50 ];
      },

      {
         name       = "VGRD";
         level      = [ "P850", "P250" ];
         cat_thresh = [ <=5, >5&&<=10, >10&&<=15, >15&&<=20, >20&&<=25,
>25&&<=30, >30&&<=35, >35&&<=40, >40&&<=45, >45&&<=50, > 50 ];

The MET document only talks about how to do the conversion for a single
variable, but not multiple ones.

Thank you.
Binyu