[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #96425] History for why grid_stat tool can not find variable APCPA03 in splitted CMORPH products?

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 26 12:25:16 MDT 2020

| |
辛渝

邮箱:learnerxy at 163.com

签名由 网易邮箱大师 定制

--------- Forwarded mail ---------

From: Yu Xin
Date: 08/21/2020 20:36
To: met_help at ucar.edu
Subject: why grid_stat tool can not find variable APCPA03 in splitted CMORPH products?
Hello,John Halley Gotway
Thank you for your quick response for ticket 96175 first. Last week, I sent you a new issue below, but failed to receive a new corresponding reply up to now, so I am sending it again today. Hope it can work for me.
What a pity that I failed again though following your configging method in the config file. It reminds me of missing APCPA03 variable in the observation file whatever renaming cmorph_precip as APCPA03 by ncrename tool or splitting it to a single examinated data. What should I do next? The attachment could be found please with the case of renaming variable and splitting observation data. I hope it can help us find other solution. I split the data like this ,ncrename -v cmorph_precip,APCPA03 CMORPH_FILENAME
With my best wishes.
Yu Xin

From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Mon Aug 24 15:33:27 2020

Yu,

Thanks for sending your sample data. Please try running the following
plot_data_plane command to confirm that MET is able to read this data:

*plot_data_plane CMORPH_V0.x_0.25deg-3HLY_2016061603.nc
<http://CMORPH_V0.x_0.25deg-3HLY_2016061603.nc> plot.ps
<http://plot.ps>
'name="APCPA03"; level="(0,*,*)";'*

That should produce an image like the one I've attached. Once you've
confirmed that this works, use the exact same settings in your Grid-
Stat
configuration file, setting:

   name = "APCPA03";

   level = "(0,*,*)";

[image: plot.png]

From: Yu Xin
Time: Wed Aug 26 12:00:32 2020

Hello John,
     Thank you so much that you gave me a solution to this kind of
issue. It's beyond me that the plot_data_plane tool can help find the
way. It's so amazing.
      Now everything about evaluation of against CMORPH goes well. The
ticket would be closed. See you later.
Best wishes,
Yu