[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #95850] History for GridStat Question

George McCabe via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 19 15:10:24 MDT 2020

My start date for GridStat is e.g. 2016060118 for FCSTs and OBSs. FCSTs are output at 6-hr intervals (00Z, 06Z,12Z, 18Z) and OBSs at 3-hr intervals. For this time GridStat.conf is configured to take 3rd FCST in the input file [in GridStat.conf: (3,1,*,*) and  6th OBS in the other input file: (6,1,*,*) That only works properly for FCSTs/OBSs starting at 18z with intervals of 24 hours when running over e.g. a month-long period. However, if I wanted to run GridStat to get statistics with data at intervals of 6 hours e.g. SDATE=2016060118 and EDATE=2016063118 that is incorrect since for 00Z (3,1,*,*) needs to become (0,1,*,*) etc. Is there a way to pass times of FCSTs/OBSs to GridStat.conf when running master_metplus.py ?

Thanks again,
Mariusz