[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #96348] History for CNT_THRESH clarification in Point_Stat

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 19 10:17:13 MDT 2020

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with Point_Stat, which has to be in my configuration file, and I'm having a hard time understanding what the issue is.  Can't see the forest through the trees, I guess.

I'm trying to run an analysis (continuous) on wind gusts vs MADIS data, but only for forecast/obs over 16 m/s.

I've run the analysis, and point_stat finds matches, but gives me no tangible results.  So, my assumption is that I have something wrong in my config file, but I honestly can't see what it is.

I've attached the config file and a snapshot of the ctc table, to give an example of the results.  If you prefer me to add these to the ftp, or to include the actual data the analysis was run on, just let me know.  I have a feeling they won't be needed.

For reference, this uses data from August 4th and includes areas of MidAtlantic coast-so it focuses on Tropical Storm Isaias where there would have been gusts both forecasted and observed over 16 m/s.

P.S. I'm really only worried about the GUST variable at this time...I will adjust the other wind variables once I figure out the problem.

Thanks!
-Tom

[https://firstenergycorp.com/content/dam/opcologos/emailsig/FE-logo.png]

Thomas Workoff
Sr Scientist
office: 330-436-1475 (850-1475)
tworkoff at firstenergycorp.com
341 White Pond Drive, Akron, OH 44320 | mailstop: A-WAC-C1 / AK-West Akron Campus

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.