[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #95027] History for unexpected xlab and ylab from Metviewer batch plots

Tatiana Burek via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 24 09:17:47 MDT 2020

To Whom It may Concern:

I am using the AWS batch mode to generate statistics graphics.  The example
xml file is at
https://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/mmb/hchuang/transfer/plot_cmaqv5para8_aod_performance.xml

and the figure produced is at
https://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/mmb/hchuang/transfer/CONUS_CMAQV5PARA8_AOD_PERFORMANCE_DAY1_06Z_ALLQC_202003.png

Even though I did not specify xlab and y1lab, or y2lab
<title>
MET_CMAQV5PARA8_AOD_PERFORMANCE_Diagram_DAY2_12Z - SWD
</title>
<x_label/>
<y1_label/>
<y2_label/>

There is the text of "probability of detection" for ylab and "success
ratio" for xlab.  Are they both default values in left "null"?

I know ylab is PODY, but what does the xlab "success ratio" means?  When
working on Metviewer on AWS web site, in the R data area I also see data
for FAR.  Is it the false alarm rate ?

Thank you.

Ho-Chun Huang

IMSG at NOAA/NWS/NCEP/EMC