[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #94767] History for plot_data_plane and ncview show different orientations

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 3 13:07:41 MDT 2020

I'm creating a netcdf file from a grib2 file using a python script. I had
originally filled in the values starting from the ul corner (90, 0). Ncview
and plot_data_plane showed two different orientations of the data. I had
worked with Randy on this issue and he said he believed that
plot_data_plane was correct and that I needed to fill the values from the
ll corner (-90, 0), which would show the same results in both ncview and
plot data plane. After doing so, I'm still getting two different
projections and I don't know which one is right. Please help!

Best,
Lindsay
--
Lindsay R. Blank
Associate Scientist

*My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obliged to