[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #91519] History for FW: MYSQL Database Access

Tatiana Burek via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 2 12:55:14 MDT 2020

Tatiana, see the discussion below.  What client should we need for MET Viewer MySQL?

Thanks

Bob

Don,

I suggest you go back and see if you can't locate that CCR you wrote before.  That being said, All software changes need a CCR.  This one is easy.  Writing a CCR for the MySQL client shouldn't take a whole lot of time and is always the responsibility of the group that intends to use it.  This should end up being a simple RPM install (It is on my SUSE and Mint LINUX boxes I have).  The only question I would have is which client you need?  Is it for Python, C, C++, Java, PERL?  Some distros package them all together.  Some list them separately.  I don't know about RHEL.  Would be good to do the upfront work to figure it out so you get exactly what you require before we task SEMS to do the work.  That way we don't have re-work with wasted time and $.

METviewer uses Java connector to connect to database.

Tatiana