[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #92962] History for Using valid hours in scorecard columns

Tatiana Burek via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 2 12:52:08 MDT 2020

Hi (Tatiana),

Is it correct that METviewer scorecards do not currently support using
VALID_HOUR in the scorecard columns?

If VALID_HOUR is not currently supported in scorecard columns, it would be
helpful for EMC if support were added to use VALID_HOUR in the scorecard
columns. We're currently evaluating the RAP/HRRR systems, which run a new
forecast every hour. With so many forecasts initialized on each day,
stratifying a scorecard by valid hour would be more informative than
stratifying by the typical FCST_LEAD.

Thanks,
Logan

--
*Logan C. Dawson, Ph.D.*
Support Scientist, I.M. Systems Group, Inc.

I created GitHub issue based on your request:
https://github.com/NCAR/METviewer/issues/158

Tatiana