[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #92122] History for Obs being rejected based on Observation type

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 18 13:22:47 MDT 2019

John, I am trying to verify a model window over Taiwan.  When I plot the
observations available there are plenty in the window.  However, MET tells
me it has no matched pairs:

DEBUG 2:

DEBUG 2: Searching 85571 observations from 11951 messages.

DEBUG 2:

DEBUG 2:
----

DEBUG 2:

DEBUG 2: Processing TMP/Z2 versus TMP/Z2, for observation type ANYSFC, over
region FULL, for interpolation method BILIN(4), using 0 pairs.

DEBUG 3: Number of matched pairs  = 0

DEBUG 3: Observations processed   = 85571

DEBUG 3: Rejected: SID exclusion  = 0

DEBUG 3: Rejected: obs type       = 73522

DEBUG 3: Rejected: valid time     = 143

DEBUG 3: Rejected: bad obs value  = 0

DEBUG 3: Rejected: off the grid   = 11855

DEBUG 3: Rejected: topography     = 0

DEBUG 3: Rejected: level mismatch = 0

DEBUG 3: Rejected: quality marker = 0

DEBUG 3: Rejected: message type   = 0

DEBUG 3: Rejected: masking region = 0

DEBUG 3: Rejected: bad fcst value = 51

DEBUG 3: Rejected: duplicates     = 0

DEBUG 2: Processing TMP/Z2 versus TMP/Z2, for observation type ANYSFC, over
region FULL, for interpolation method HiRA Ensemble NBRHD(169), using 0
pairs.

DEBUG 2: Processing TMP/Z2 versus TMP/Z2, for observation type ANYSFC, over
region FULL, for interpolation method HiRA Ensemble NBRHD(9), using 0 pairs.

DEBUG 2: Processing TMP/Z2NA versus TMP/Z2NA, for observation type ANYSFC,
over region FULL, for interpolation method HiRA Probability NBRHD(169),
using 0 pairs.

DEBUG 2: Processing TMP/Z2NA versus TMP/Z2NA, for observation type ANYSFC,
over region FULL, for interpolation method HiRA Probability NBRHD(9), using
0 pairs.

The config file is attached.  I set obs_quality to everything, I am allowing
ADPSFC and LANDSF.

I sent a model file and ob files via AMRDEC.

Thanks

Bob Craig