[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #93133] History for Question about percentile choices in ensemble_stat

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 18 09:57:07 MST 2019

Hi again,

I’m following up on a previous ticket regarding the use of percentile thresholds in ensemble_stat and grid_stat. So currently I am looking to examine the 75th and 90th percentile for each of the models I am working with and compute probabilities based on the percentiles for each forecast hour over x members, but when I do apply those thresholds (ex. >SFP75, >SFP90) in the ensemble_stat config file, I get an error stating that the percentile thresholds were used before they were set. I am a bit perplexed about this message and was wondering if I could receive some advice on how to correct that.

Thanks!

-Brian
Brian Matilla
Research Fellow— Warn-on-Forecast Team
Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies — The University of Oklahoma
NOAA National Severe Storms Laboratory

Phone: (405) 325-1688