[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #92779] History for Help with accumulated precip verification

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 6 16:55:15 MST 2019

Hey John,

It's been a while since we last spoke.  I am in the process of verifying
precipitation using point_stat.  The original functionality NRL has to
verify precipitation is the ability to set a dump bucket hour and
accumulation window.  FNMOC typically dumps accumulation every 96 hours  but
the default COAMPS research mode dumps every 72.  It would be nice if I
could set the dump bucket and accumulation window within the config file.
Does point_stat have any of these features?

Justin Tsu

Marine Meteorology Division

Data Assimilation/Mesoscale Modeling

Building 704 Room 212