[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #90223] History for Missing header columns file for MET 7.1 on WCOSS?

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri May 17 09:51:33 MDT 2019

 Hi team!

We're running into an odd problem and we think you can help!

We're running into a problem running stat_analysis on our previously
produced stat files (run with grid_stat - MET V7.1) and we THINK we
narrowed it down.

Where are we running: WCOSS, Gyre, specifically
What are we running: MET V8.1 -> stat_analysis on previously run stat files
(MET V7.1 -> grid_stat).
What's happening: We are unable to run stat_analysis on files previously
run by the MET V7.1 grid_stat

Error:

DEBUG 4: Reading MET header columns:
DEBUG 4:
/gpfs/dell2/emc/verification/noscrub/Julie.Prestopnik/met/8.1/share/met/table_files/met_header_columns_V7.1.txt

ERROR  : AsciiHeader::read() -> trouble reading file:
ERROR  :
/gpfs/dell2/emc/verification/noscrub/Julie.Prestopnik/met/8.1/share/met/table_files/met_header_columns_V7.1.txt

This file is indeed missing in the directory. Putting it back should allow
us to run off of these stat files (I think?). Was there a reason why it was
removed?

Thank you!
Dana

--
Dana Strom
Verification and Visualization Task Lead

301-427-9451