[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #90155] History for climatology file examples

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu May 16 16:04:05 MDT 2019

I am trying to understand the interpolation of the climatology data, and I
need some help. I think John Halley Gotway may be the best help since it looks
like he wrote the climatology software.

Ref:
src/libcode/vx_statistics/read_climo.cc

// Search the files for the requested records
   for(i=0; i<climo_files.n_elements(); i++) {
      read_climo_file(climo_files[i], ctype, &i_dict, vld_ut,
                      match_month, match_day, time_step,
                      vx_grid, regrid_info, dpa);
   }

   // Time interpolation for mean fields
   dpa = climo_time_interp(dpa, vld_ut, time_interp);

I understand the climatology files must be grid input format (guessing GRIB2
best practice), however, I am stuck on the date range of your typical
climatology files. I am starting out with pre-existing ieee Monthly
climatology files, and these files are interpolated with previous and next
month, and computing continues to get the weighted value for anomaly
correlation.

In other words, what is the typical file naming, and date range of climatology
files that play well with MET ?

 Thanks,
Glen

--
Mr. Glen CARL
NRL Monterey Contractor SAIC/0cog, Bldg 704 Rm 133, Code 7532
glen.carl.ctr at nrlmry.navy.mil