[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #89256] History for metviewer not working

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Mar 8 14:03:39 MST 2019

I was just made aware that the database filled up yesterday and now the
server is not usable. Which is why I've been having trouble loading
anything since yesterday. I'm sure you are aware of this issue by now, but
I just wanted to make sure it is brought to your attention and that I need
access to my databases mv_met_dl2rw and mv_met_dl2rw2 soon. Is there an
estimated time frame for having this functional again?

Thank you in advance!
Don

We just received the following message from Don Lippi about the
METviewer
database being full and preventing new writes.

Since Tatiana and I don't manage the databases at NOAA EMC, we wanted
pass this info along to you.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello,

I was just made aware that the database filled up yesterday and now
the
server is not usable. Which is why I've been having trouble loading
anything since yesterday. I'm sure you are aware of this issue by now,
but
I just wanted to make sure it is brought to your attention and that I
need
access to my databases mv_met_dl2rw and mv_met_dl2rw2 soon. Is there
an
estimated time frame for having this functional again?

Thank you in advance!
Don

From: Tatiana Burek
Time: Fri Mar 08 13:53:44 2019

Don,

A few databases were deleted and METviewer is usable again.
I made a simple plot using data from mv_met_dl2rw and it is working.

Tatiana

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From: perry.shafran at noaa.gov
Time: Fri Mar 08 13:53:59 2019

Hi, John,

Thanks for letting us know.  With Tatiana's help, we cleared some
space on
the database and the server should be usable again.  I guess we should
have
opened up a met_help ticket instead of going straight to Tatiana.  We
had
trouble with dropping databases so we had asked Tatiana to help, and
she
did.  It should be functional now, so I suggest to Don trying again
now.

Thanks!

Perry

From: Donald Lippi - NOAA Affiliate