[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #89196] History for Point Stat Error

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 6 14:03:23 MST 2019

I've run into a point stat error which I've never seen before (below).  I was able to successfully run PB2NC for the obs files, but it's getting stuck while reading in the data.

My log file is here on Theia:

scratch3/BMC/det/beck/merit/MET/log/verif/FV3/2016011812/met/met_point_sfc_2016011812_000.log

If you have any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks!

- Jeff

DEBUG 2: Reading data for VGRD/Z10.
DEBUG 2: For VGRD/Z10 found 1 forecast levels, 0 climatology mean levels, and 0 climatology standard deviation levels.
DEBUG 2:
DEBUG 2: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEBUG 2:
DEBUG 2: Reading data for WIND/Z10.
DEBUG 2: For WIND/Z10 found 1 forecast levels, 0 climatology mean levels, and 0 climatology standard deviation levels.
DEBUG 2:
DEBUG 2: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEBUG 2:
DEBUG 2: Reading data for PRMSL/Z0.
DEBUG 2: For PRMSL/Z0 found 1 forecast levels, 0 climatology mean levels, and 0 climatology standard deviation levels.
DEBUG 2:
DEBUG 2:
DEBUG 2: Searching 1334981 observations from 30812 messages.
ERROR  :
ERROR  : process_obs_file() -> for observation index 503, when computing VL1L2 and/or VAL1L2 vector winds each UGRD observation must be followed by a VGRD observation with the same header and at the same level.
ERROR  :