[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #84210] History for Fwd: numbering of objects in MTD

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 10 17:01:09 MDT 2019

I am working with MTD to look at atmospheric rivers (ARs).
Things seem to be working well, but I have one point of confusion.
At the first time there is a cluster numbered 1; it disappears and the next
cluster is #2; it lasts for a couple days and then disappears; then the
same thing happens with cluster #3 (this is all as expected).
However, the next cluster that appears is again numbered #1 - many time
periods after the previous cluster #1 disappeared.  (And then the final
cluster is #4)

(I attempted to attach the netcdf file to clarify - but it was about 23 Mb
- and it didn't go through)
Also, I have the conv_radius = 0

Can you tell me if MTD thinks that the much later cluster is the same as
the first, or is it just re-using numbers?

Thank you!
-Laurel DeHaan