[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #84813] History for masking and interpolation question

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 10 17:01:08 MDT 2019

I have a model variable that should not be used for evaluation in places where it is contaminated by clouds. I can either set it to an undefined value or provide a 0-1 mask. Can both of these cases be handled by MET? Also, e.g. 2 or 3 points are masked/undefined - would bilinear interpolation
handle it properly with the remaining valid points?
Thanks,
Mariusz