[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #82029] History for MET Software Scans

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 10 17:04:09 MDT 2019

John, last Spring I sent you guys FORTIFY scans of MET Source Code.  These scans are now required here at 557th WW for any software running on our newest computer system.  The MET scans came back with many critical findings.  Some of these are probably legitimate vulnerabilities and some are probably false positives (not really findings in the context of how the software is used).   It appears we might not be allowed to run MET on our new systems unless we have a plan to address MET's critical findings.  We realize this probably will require funding.  Dan Rozema would like to discuss this issue with NCAR - who would be a good point of contact for him to discuss possible funding to fix MET critical findings.

Thanks
Bob Craig
402-294-3186