[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #87080] History for METviewer loading problem

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 10 16:43:18 MDT 2019

Hello.  I was loading some VSDB files into METviewer last night,
starting around  23:17Z.  It took a long time - at 16:10Z today I killed
the job (NCO wants us to reboot our workstations) thinking it probably
finished a long time ago and just got stuck in the end.  But apparently
it was still going, slowly, despite of a string of error messages.

Here's what I did to load the data after su to "metviewer":

cd /metviewer/staging/wd22yl

/usr1/metviewer/metviewer/bin/mv_load.sh load_late.xml >
out.load/loadlog.20180920_mv_ylin_pcp

the 'loadlog' file was last updated at 15:57 today (13 minutes before I
killed the job).    Could you tell me what's wrong? load_late.xml is the
same job script that I use to add data every week or so.

Earlier yesterday I loaded some point_stat stat files (in
/metviewer/staging/wd22yl/tmp.out, I did
"/usr1/metviewer/metviewer/bin/mv_load.sh
../scripts/load_new_point_stat.xml > load.out"), that took rather a long
time too and had some "communications link failure", but the stats were
apparently loaded into the database successfully.

Also - I have a cron job that loads one day's VSDB every day:
/metviewer/staging/wd22yl/run_daily_erly.csh >
/metviewer/staging/wd22yl/out.load/erly.out.  That one apparently took 2
hours too (longer than normal) and erly.out also have lots of errors.

Thanks -

Ying

--
Ying Lin
NCEP/EMC/Verification, Post-processing and Product Generation Branch
Ying.Lin at noaa.gov

The issues you experience could be related to MySQL reaching it's size
limit.
Is there any way to check the disk space left value of the volume
where MySQL is installed?

Tatiana