[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #78973] History for Plotting FSS from VSDBs in MetViewer 1.10

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 10 16:43:27 MDT 2019

Hello.  I've reloaded 2016 precip VSDBs into the NCEP MetViewer server
(mv_ylin_pcp) to take advantage of the new FSS capabilities - thanks for
implementing it in v1.10! - but now I'm stumped as to how to produce FSS
plots.  Would like to plot something like
http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/mmb/ylin/pcpverif/scores.paramodels/prev/201611/fss06h_namx.052km_10mm.gif
   (6-hourly FSS on > 10mm/6h threshold, at horizontal spatial scale of
52km, as a function of forecast hours (x-axis)
and
http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/mmb/ylin/pcpverif/scores.paramodels/prev/201611/fss24h_namx_conusnestx.25mm.gif
   (24-hourly FSS at >25mm/day threshold, as a function of horizontal
spatial scale)

Do you have a sample png/xml on FSS I can look at?  Not necessarily like
the above, but something I can start on?  Also, is the horizontal
spatial scale (e.g. "FSS<052" in the VSDBs) included in the fixed Fixed
Values and Independent Variables fields?

Thanks!

Ying

--
Ying Lin