[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #85328] History for distances in met-tc

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 10 16:39:16 MDT 2019

We have a verification program for TC tracks (and other parameters) that
is similar to met-tc with some additions.  We recently noticed that it
can't accurately calculate distances across Greenwich; if we correct
this problem, it can't accurately calculate distances across the
dateline.  After testing with met-tc, it appears that the code can
calculate the distances properly.

Can you provide the equations used to calculate distances in the code,
or, alternatively, the subroutine in which distances are calculated?

Thanks,
Sim