[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #89351] History for plot with 2 y-axes

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 10 16:43:20 MDT 2019

I'm having trouble plotting with 2 y-axes. I'm trying to plot the derived
curve differences (experiment - control) on Y1 and the actual control
experiment frequency bias scores on Y2. I get an error multiple values for
one valid date/fcst_lead. I think it is because I have my control on both
Y1 and Y2, but when I take it off of Y1 it also gives a warning and then
only plots Y2. I think that is because now there are no differences being
calculated without having the control also on Y1.

Thank you,
Don

You are correct. The reason you can't build the plot is because you
specify 'Control" model on both axles. I see that you try to hide the
line but the data is still present and used in the difference
calculation.  This prevents the plot to be completed.

Tatiana

From: Donald Lippi - NOAA Affiliate
Time: Mon Mar 18 11:09:54 2019

Hi Tatiana,
Is there any way to have the differences on one axis and the actual
value
on the other? I want to be able to see the difference plots better
while
also showing the actual values all in a single figure.

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 1:05 PM Tatiana Burek via RT

From: Tatiana Burek
Time: Tue Mar 19 08:07:08 2019

Hi Don,
Current METviewer version doesn't support this functionality.

Tatiana

From: Donald Lippi - NOAA Affiliate
Time: Tue Mar 19 08:56:28 2019

Thank you

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 10:07 AM Tatiana Burek via RT