[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #90985] History for Database not appearing on AWS metviewer server; cannot delete a database

Tatiana Burek via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 13:56:50 MDT 2019

Hello.  I deleted an old database on the AWS METviewer server yesterday
and re-created it (mv_ylin_pcp_erly) and loaded some data to it.  Added
some more data to it about 90 minutes ago.  The database used to show up
https://metviewer.nws.noaa.gov/metviewer1.jsp (before I deleted it
yesterday), but now I'm not seeing it on the web interface - tried both
refreshing the page and re-open the web interface.  In the loading xml
(see attached) I've placed it in group 'NCEP_ylin' but the group name is
not showing up (and the database does not seem to be in any other group
either).

I can see the database when doing a "mv_db_size_on_aws.sh ying.lin".
Attached are 1) my load script (loadit.sh) 2) xml for loading and 3)
output (load.out3).  Would you be able to tell why "mv_ylin_pcp_erly" is
not showing up on https://metviewer.nws.noaa.gov/metviewer1.jsp>

Also: I cannot delete database mv_ylin_erly_test5 ("User ying.lin
doesn't have privileges to delete database mv_ylin_erly_test5"). This
was created sometime in late Apr.  I was able to delete number of other
'test' databases, just not this 'test5'.

Thank you -

Ying

--
Ying Lin
NCEP/EMC/Verification, Post-processing and Product Generation Branch
Ying.Lin at noaa.gov

I can see and use mv_ylin_pcp_erly database on AWS. It is locating
under NCEP_ylin group. I was able to see it after I click on "Reload
databases" button and reloaded the page.
I also deleted mv_ylin_erly_test5 database.

Tatiana

From: Ying Lin
Time: Tue Jul 09 13:54:27 2019

Hi Tatiana,

     I see them now, thank you, and thanks for deleting the
"mv_ylin_erly_test5".

     Please feel free to close the ticket at your convenience.

Ying

Ying.Lin at noaa.gov