[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #85298] History for HiRA Neighborhood PTS

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:03:34 MDT 2019

John, I am starting to code up our use of HiRA using MET.   It seems to be
working with one exception.  In the config file I identify a NETCDF
precipitation observation file to use as the climo file (persistence).  When
I run point_stat, the climo mean fields in the MPR file are all set to NA.
The BSS_simple is calculated but not the BSS.  I placed the data files on
AMERDEC.

My command line is:

/h/WXQC/met-6.1/bin/point_stat
/h/data/global/WXQC/data/wrf/t49/PS.AFWA_SC.U_DI.A_GP.WRF-GPOST_GR.L1P667KM_
AR.JAPANNORTH1KM_PA.GPOST_DD.20180519_CY.12_FH.006_DF.GR1
/h/data/global/WXQC/data/met/nc_obs/precip/nc_2018051918
/h/WXQC/met-6.1/data/config/PointStatConfig_precip_hira -outdir
/h/data/global/WXQC/data/met/ptstat/mdlob_pairs/hira/TP -v 3

Thanks
Bob