[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #85061] History for Ensemble-Stat (UNCLASSIFIED)

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:03:43 MDT 2019

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

Would it be possible to have Ensemble-Stat generate some additional probability information which would enhance/compliment the current NetCDF ensemble forecast values output?

I have attached an image file containing an example of the output from the NOMADS Ensemble Probability Tool which is online at:
https://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/EnsProb/

This site provides the probability info generated from the real-time NCEP Global Ensemble model and requires the user to provide inputs to specify the requisite conditions for a given location and the output is computed for each model lead time over the time domain of the model run. For MET users I would think that the input conditions and location as well as the desired outputs could be handled by the configuration file.

Thanks.

R/
John

Mr. John W. Raby