[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #85055] History for about weightage to wi in met package version 5. 2

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:03:43 MDT 2019

Dear Met_help team,

I am a user of met package version 5.2 and have some questions regarding the MODE package. In met users guide page 202 available via this page.

https://dtcenter.org/met/users/docs/users_guide/MET_Users_Guide_v5.2.pdf

It is talked about the different weightage .

weight = { centroid_dist = 2.0; boundary_dist = 4.0; convex_hull_dist = 0.0; angle_diff = 1.0; area_ratio = 1.0; int_area_ratio = 2.0; complexity_ratio = 0.0; inten_perc_ratio = 0.0; inten_perc_value = 50; }

My question now is;

what is the percentage equivalent of these values because in original Davis et al. (2009) Appendix A, I saw the weightage as percentage.

My next question is on 0.0 value. Does that mean that variable is not used for the interest score calculations?

Thank you very much and look forward for response.

Regards
Ramchandra Karki
PhD Student,
Institute of Geography, University of Hamburg
Bundesstrase 55, Hamburg Germany