[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #90213] History for Modification of MET container for HPC (UNCLASSIFIED)

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:06:45 MDT 2019

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

I just learned that one of the ARL HPCs cannot run the MET Singularity
container due to an old kernel. This HPC is the one we use operationally for
running MET V5.2. The system administrators say the reason for the problem
is that root directory of the destination of bind-mounted paths must already
exist within the container. In this case, it is complaining because the home
directory gets bind-mounted into the container automatically
(/p/home/<your_username>). Modifying the container to include /p will fix
the problem. Is this something you could easily do?

Thanks.

R/
John

Mr. John W. Raby