[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #88819] History for HIRA Model Ob Pair Files

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:07:02 MDT 2019

John, yesterday I asked the question on should the ob field against a certain threshold be a 0 or 1 or the ob value in point stat HIRA?  Through some testing, it appears stat_analysis interprets the ob value as a 0 or 1.  If the ob value is one or greater, it is a 1 in the Brier Score calculation and if it is less than 1 it is a 0 in the brier score calculation.  I am sending my configuration file via ARL Safe.  I have thresholded the observation data in the configuration file so shouldn't a 1 or 0 appear in the model ob pair files observation column?  Is my syntax correct?  Since all my mdlob_pair files have the actual ob values in the ob column, the brier scores are coming out way too high.  I also included a test model ob pair file I used to determine this (it was cut down from my output stat file).  I also included a typical stat file created by the HIRA process.

Bob