[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #87064] History for METviewer: "bar chart" for series plot?

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:07:24 MDT 2019

Hello.  I'm experimenting with METviewer ... trying to show bias of two
QPE analyses validated against daily gauges (from point_stat) over each
River Forecast Center domains (I have vx_mask of ABRFC, CBRFC ...
etc.).  What I'd like to see is the data in plot_20180920_205201.png -
bias at 1"/day threshold, over each of RFC domain, but shown in bar
charts instead of lines.  I couldn't find a way under the "Series" tab
to do so - can't find anything in the lower-right group
(common/formatting/x1/x2/y1/y2 etc) or the "Series Formatting".

Then I tried plotting under the "Bar" tab instead of "Series".  I did
get a bar chart that has the desired look: plot_20180920_203504.png, and
the numbers like reasonable, but in the "Bar" mode I cannot choose fixed
values to set the OBS_THRESH, so I suspect the "Bar" tab is for
something other than a simple plot I wanted, and there's probably a way
to plot this under the "Series" tab.  Perhaps I overlooked something
obvious?

Thank you.  Attached are the two aforementioned plots and the xml for them.

Ying

--
Ying Lin
NCEP/EMC/Verification, Post-processing and Product Generation Branch
Ying.Lin at noaa.gov