[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #89106] History for Evaluation of PM2.5 on MET

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:07:00 MDT 2019

I chatted with you a little bit last week.
Our team (Georg Grell and Ravan Ahmadov) would like to use met to do  evaluation for FV3 and RAP/HRRR model for all of our chemical variables.
For now , we have the model data and station observation data for the surface PM2.5.
I am new to met and I'm wondering grid_stat is what we are looking for?

MET reads gridded forecast data in GRIB 1, GRIB 2, CF-compliant NetCDF, or the NetCDF output of the wrf_interp utility.  May be easiest to just have you come by my office or point me to a sample file you’re trying to use.

Thank you very much. I will come over later.
FYI, my HRRR data is on theia (variable smoke):
/scratch3/BMC/wrf-chem/KaYee/met/HRRR_output/out_3D_2018-08-11_09_00_00.nc
My observation data is here (variable PM):
/scratch3/BMC/wrf-chem/KaYee/met/PMobs_905sites_JulyAugust2018.nc
I'm not able to read both netcdf data.