[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #86037] History for point_stat: HiRA, will it produce CRPS?

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:03:27 MDT 2019

I've been running the point_stat tool on a set of observation points to generate HiRA output.
This seems to work very well, giving Brier Score and by extension RPS output for the HiRA neighbourhoods in the ascii output.

However for temperature I'd also like to generate CRPS scores for the HiRA neighbourhoods.
Is that functionality present at the moment (I note that it is output from the the ensemble_stat tool)?
And if not is it likely to be point_stat in the future?

Thanks for your help
Ric