[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #82076] History for ERROR : AsciiHeader::read() -> trouble reading file

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 11:38:40 MDT 2019

I'm trying to use MET-TC to do some rapid intensification verification.
Here is the command I'm issuing:

$> tc_stat -lookin test.dat -config TCStat_DTOPS_Config

which returns:

DEBUG 1: [Source 1] Lookin: test.dat
DEBUG 1: Config File Default:
/usr/local/share/met/config/TCStatConfig_default
DEBUG 1: Config File User: TCStat_DTOPS_Config
DEBUG 2:
DEBUG 2: Processing Job 1: -job rirw -amodel DTOP -amodel DTOP -bmodel BEST
-storm_id AL152017 -basin AL -cyclone 15 -rirw_time 240000 -rirw_exact true
-rirw_thresh >=30.0 -rirw_window 000000 000000 -out_line_type CTC
-out_line_type CTS -out_alpha 0.05000
ERROR  :
ERROR  : AsciiHeader::read() -> trouble reading file:
ERROR  : /usr/local/share/met/table_files/met_header_columns_AL,.txt
ERROR  :

My config file (TCStat_DTOPS_Config) and my data file (test.dat) are
attached.

It seems MET is not properly identifying the header file to use.  Could I
get some help troubleshooting this issue?

To clarify, on my system, the path /usr/local/share/met/table_files/
contains these met_header_columns_VX.X.txt files:

met_header_columns_V2.0.txt    met_header_columns_V3.0.txt
met_header_columns_V4.0.txt  met_header_columns_V4.2.txt
met_header_columns_V5.1.txt  met_header_columns_V6.0.txt
met_header_columns_V3.0.1.txt met_header_columns_V3.1.txt
met_header_columns_V4.1.txt  met_header_columns_V5.0.txt
met_header_columns_V5.2.txt

Thanks,

Matt

*Matthew Onderlinde*Meteorologist/Programmer
NHC/Technology & Science Branch
(o) 305.229.4466
<http://innovim.com/wp-content/uploads/BD-F-002a-Email-Signature-Block-for-Gmail.html#>
Matthew.Onderlinde at noaa.gov