[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #82155] History for NetCDF CF-Compliance

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 11:39:25 MDT 2019

In our initial development of the QPF Verification System for the NWS, our
group in NOAA/NWS/MDL is building a prototype viewer and hope to use the
viewer to demonstrate capabilities in an upcoming requirements review with
the NWS. The reason for stating this is the NetCDF output generated by the
MET tools are not CF-compliant, and we were hoping to use the NetCDF files
in the prototype viewer which requires CF-compliant files.

In an earlier exchange with John Gotway, he said using a script to reformat
the existing MET NetCDF output to follow CF conventions would be pretty
straight-forward with the longer term goal of MET producing them directly.

In summary, the aforementioned requirements review is in mid-October and we
were wondering if we could obtain the script soon. If not, there is a work
around so that we could still use the prototype viewer in the review. We
are willing to be testers for the CF-compliance ensuring the encoding works.

Thanks for your consideration in this matter,

Brad Diehl