[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #88164] History for A question for PB2NC

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 3 13:29:23 MST 2019

I have a issue for PB2NC. In directory /scratch4/NCEPDEV/fv3-cam/noscrub/Binbin.Zhou/met_test/PB2NC on theia, i have a prepbufr
file called split_ADPSFC and PB2NCConfig file. In the config I only specify
"TMP" and "VIS"  in obs_grib_code entry.
I run
pb2nc split_ADPSFC split_ADPSFC.nc PB2NCConfig

The execution is fine, but I ncdump  split_ADPSFC.nc
the output shows no VIS contained in th nc file (see ncdump output file
split_ADPSFC.nc.ncdump)

I do not specify other fields like HGT, UGRD, VGRD, but they are still
in the nc file.

Could you please help me look at this?