[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #89808] History for override of ens_ssvar_bin_size

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 19 08:33:00 MDT 2019

For our current scoring, we really need the following ensemble_stat config
parameter to create 1 bin versus automated adjustment.

ens_ssvar_bin_size = 1.0;

WARNING:
WARNING: PairDataEnsemble::compute_ssvar() -> writing at least 1000 SSVAR
output lines. Increase the ssvar_bin_size config file setting for this
variable to reduce the number of variance bins.

We see in the documentation for MET-8.0 UM that the software will make an
adjustment if the software believes the bin size is too small. Is there a way
we can override to force 1 bin?

Thanks,
Glen
--
Mr. Glen CARL
NRL Monterey Contractor SAIC/0cog, Bldg 704 Rm 133, Code 7532
glen.carl.ctr at nrlmry.navy.mil